Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am buying a new car this year.

I have been looking at the 2015 Camry and the 2015 Accord and both are very *sexy* looking. If I decide to get a 6-cylinder, though, it'll be the Toyota. I'm still worried about the Accord's past problems with that. A gear-head I work with found a class-action against Accord 08-13 where their 6-cylinder engines burned oil and spark-plugs failed because of a design flaw... The cars (6's only) were crap. So much for decades of a flawless rep. What's up with that Honda? I've always loved you! I'm driving an 06 4-cylinder I love right now! Reliability ratings been going down, though. Wah!

I will NOT buy a car with sub-par reliability, though.

I just want to know when these models will finally appear so I can test drive 'em. I drove this year's models. The 14 Camry - I'm sorry, it looks like an egg. Round. Bland. And both car lots are pretty picked over at this point. And why not wait another month and get a 15?

Or is it 4 months?

When will they get here so I can test drive 'em?

I must be an old fogie. I kind of hate the new radios that are actually TV screens and so complicated I'd probably go off the road trying to find a decent radio station that I don't have to PAY for. Back in MY day TV and RADIO were FREE! <mumble grumble>. I mostly play tunes on my Iphone anyway...What's up with the dashboard televisions! Bah. I AM NOT PAYING FOR SIRIUS!

But I always buy new and drive 'em long so I know they've been maintained well, drive 'em till they die...or till my kid needs a college car like now...

So, anyway, where's my new car at? September? October? November?

SG
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I just want to know when these models will finally appear so I can test drive 'em. I drove this year's models. The 14 Camry - I'm sorry, it looks like an egg. Round. Bland. And both car lots are pretty picked over at this point. And why not wait another month and get a 15?

Why not call your local dealers and axe them, huuuggh?

I must be an old fogie. I kind of hate the new radios that are actually TV screens and so complicated I'd probably go off the road trying to find a decent radio station that I don't have to PAY for. Back in MY day TV and RADIO were FREE! <mumble grumble>. I mostly play tunes on my Iphone anyway...What's up with the dashboard televisions! Bah. I AM NOT PAYING FOR SIRIUS!

I gotta agree with you, being a old fogy myself. I also hate all the plastic on the new cars that tends to get brittle and cracks from the sunlight before I’m ready to junk the car. I like to buy a leftover after the new cars come out, do my own maintenance on it and, if it is still fixable, donate it to one of the grandkids or a charity. My 1998 S-10 with 219,000 miles on it needed shocks & struts, new tires, cruise control was getting strange, etc., etc. so in Octember I bought a bottom of the line 2013 Nissan Frontier and donated the S-10 to a local charity. They fixed it up and sold it for $1,800 or so. I’ll take it off my income tax when I file for 2013, me.
;-)

C.J.V. – didn’t procrastinate but filed for my tax extensions early this year, yes
No. of Recommendations: 0
They trickle in. The 15 Honda Fits and Pilots are at the dealership I work at. The rest should be coming. They hit different dealerships at different times, not choreographed together. Tell your dealer to get you a 15 Honda Accord and if they don't have one, they should find one that does and trade for it. It's done ALL the time (trading between dealerships).