No. of Recommendations: 3
When I get a replacement for desktop, I’m not sure what will happen with data on it if I switch to a Apple.

Most data transfers over just fine to a Mac. What is the majority of your data? If you Microsoft office 360, it is available on the Mac. Even if it is not, most Microsoft document types are easily viewed and manipulated on a Mac with the built-in iWork software. The only things that tend to have any issues are the extremely high-level excel spreadsheet that have pivot tables and such. As far as things like pivot tables, probably 75% of the people using Excel don't even know what a pivot table is, and of those that do now it is, even smaller percentage know how to use it, so odds are EXTREMELY low you will have any issues transferring anything.

Kathleen
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.