Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
When I retired, I was able to roll the full balance of my elective deferred compensation plan into my IRA

My understanding is that you cannot roll over from an unqualified plan to a qualified one as you did. When did you do this? They made some restrictive changes a few years ago and I'm not sure whether this would now be allowed. And apparently, the changes were not made retroactively as in your case I presume.

I could be wrong about that.

You were a physician? Part of a PC? Different rules applied perhaps than those for a publicly-traded for profit corporation?

Whose the expert here?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.