Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
When I talked to the rep at the pension department they knew nothing about this letter I received. I asked to talk to management they said call me back in three business days. I disagree on the amount I owe them because they cut my benefit for 1 month. I paid them in a money order and sent it back to where they wanted it.

WHY did you pay them even though you are disputing the amount? That was not a good move. I hope you kept a copy of the money order and the letter that you sent along with the payment, stating that you were paying even though you disputed that you owed them, and sent the payment and letter with some type of receipt confirmation.

If they call you back, you need to ask for an exact accounting of what they've actually paid you, what they should have paid you, and how much they owe you out of the amount that you paid them. If you don't get satisfaction with that, or they don't call you back, then you need to start with the complaint procedure in your pension plan's Summary Plan Description. You should be able to get this through the company's benefits website. If you still aren't satisfied, then you should complain to your state's Attorney General (you'll need to find how to contact them) and the Department of Labor (here's their website for complaints: )

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.