Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
When it comes to investing I have learned to go by my instincts more than strict mathematics. Sometimes, that makes me a genius and other times it hurts me.....but I take the good with the bad because so far I have yet to see a perfect system. Even Buffett makes mistakes and he tends to get it right more often then most.

One thing I like about Buffett is that he tends to acknowledge his mistakes in most interviews that I seen of him. Many people tend to place him in god like status when it comes to investing but in most interviews that I have seen of him, I see a man aware of his own myth.

Some people believe strictly in mathematics. They think mathematics and science will always provide a perfect solution. I also used to bow to those gods until I realized that agents of chaos do exist.

Whether the agent of chaos is Bin Laden, the Hurricane Katrina and Rita, earthquakes, sunspots or even the Joker in Batman. I don't know how many seen that movie but to me that is a very deep movie. I think most people are focused on the action but whoever wrote that movie was a very deep philosopher.

The writer put things in there that maybe flies a bit over a lot of people's heads. Here is my favorite part:

"The Joker: [speaking to Two-Face] Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just do things. The mob has plans, the cops have plans, Gordon's got plans. You know, they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their worlds. I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So, when I say that you and your girlfriend was nothing personal, you know that I'm telling the truth.
The Joker: It's the schemers that put you where you are. You were a schemer, you had plans, and uh, look where that got you. I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that like a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all, part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!
The Joker: [Joker hands Two-Face a gun and points it at himself] Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair.
[with the gun in Two-Face's hand, Two-Face pauses and takes out his coin]
Two-Face: [showing the unscarred side] You live.
The Joker: Mm-hmm.
Two-Face: [flips, showing the scarred side] You die.
The Joker: Mmm, now we're talking. "

When people figure out what is meant by that scene then they will know where I am coming from.

I pretty much like Cramer because he is a agent of Chaos. In many ways he upsets the established order which is why many dislike him but I like Cramer for the same reasons I like Robert Anton Wilson and George Carlin..."Let's put a Smile on that face!!!"

Rob S
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.