Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
https://www.alphaarchitect.com/blog/2014/12/02/our-robust-as...

Many investors are faced with a fundamental problem: What should I do with my money?

People usually pursue one of four broad solutions to this problem--each has costs and benefits:
Hire an expensive investment advisor that offers a limited value proposition. (generally a bad idea, although quite common)
Hire an affordable advisor that delivers a strong value proposition. (reasonable idea)
Hire a cheap robo-advisor that will deliver a generic, but reasonable value proposition. (reasonable idea)
Do-it-yourself. (reasonable idea)

We think educated investors can successfully move down the "do-it-yourself" path when equipped with the tools and knowledge to move forward. There are a few critical areas to get familiar with, but once that's complete, DIY is perfectly viable for many. For those who are not comfortable with the DIY approach, we recommend approach 2 or 3, depending on personal preferences and circumstances.

Long (25 printed pages)article that I haven't finished yet but it looks interesting.
PF (X-posted at RELE)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
When you don't have anything to do this week, its a good time to take a look at your income tax situation for the year. There is still time to sell losers and/or make charitable contributions etc to reduce your tax liability. Or it can still be a good time for a Roth conversion or contributions to your IRA or Roth IRA.

Review your estate plan. Is it up to date? Review all your beneficiary designations. Are they up to date?
Print the post Back To Top