Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
When you file your HI return, don't forget to claim this tax as a payment on your HI return. It's just like withholding from your paycheck. It's not the actual tax, just a prepayment to make sure you don't end up owing a ton of taxes and, in the case of non-residents, to make sure you file a return and settle up the tax bill.


Thanks Peter.

We did that and we are getting a refund from HI.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.