Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Admittedly, I’ve asked this question in a COMPLETELY different context, but this hand-wringing piece is popping up everywhere for me. Thought it would be fun to discuss here.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/7-ways-men-live-without-w...

First of all, I think it’s bizarre that they lump people living on retirement money in the same mix as people living on disability. Seems to me there is a PROFOUND difference between saving and investing and quitting versus legit or not-so-legit disability.

It’s also interesting that men live off savings and selling NFTs, trading Bitcoin, etc but not women? This piece, to me, seems misogynistic because the lack of men in the workforce is somehow more concerning than the lack of women (who’ve been more affected by Covid and childcare issues), and also doesn’t mention child support NOT being paid by a lot of those non-working guys (and yes, I know women often pay child support, too).

Anyway. This piece really bugged me for many reasons.

Curious what y’all thought.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.