Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Where can I find information on after-tax, pre-liquidation annualized returns (excluding load fees)?

I don't know of an easy way to do this. There is a hard way.
You can get historical distributions for your American Funds holdings here:

You would then have to estimate taxes you would have owed on the dividend and capital gains distributions. American Funds has no way of knowing what your individual tax situation would be.

Once you've determined the absolute returns for the funds over the different time frames, you can compute annualized returns over N years by taking the Nth root of the ratio of the ending value to the starting value.

I've never held a mutual fund outside of a tax-advantaged account so I've never had to do this.


Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.