Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
[[Where on the tax return (if at all) do you put contributions to a Roth IRA. These
would be contributions, not rollovers. We do qualify easily to put the money in.]]

No least not yet.

I've heard that Form 8606 may report some of this information, but I've not seen the final 8606 form, so I'm not really sure. But I don't believe that you Roth IRA contribution has to be reported in on the Form 1040 at all. So at this point in time, without any prior notification from Uncle Sammy, I believe that you don't have to disclose your Roth contribution anywhere on your 1998 tax return.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.