Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
To any who might check this ghost-town of a board-
I just read Incyte's yearly report, and have a number of concerns about the newly "restructured" co.; I was wondering what anyone else's thoughts might be.
My first and biggest concern is that Incyte is projecting, in the foreseeable future, to continue net annual losses of around 100 mil. With only around 400 million cash, etc. on hand, this is extremely worrisome.
Number two (and of course, this reflects on number one), at the same time that Incyte is burning through cash, its revenue stream is drastically declining (reflecting both their shift away from being a genomic data company and the current availability of such genomic data).
Finally, Incyte doesn't even have one drug in clinical testing - - I'm talking not even one stinking Phase I trial- - so at best, we're 6 years or so away from launching any drug to market at all. And of course, clinical trials are more costly than anything Incyte is currently funding in their R&D.
So how the hell do they plan on staying financially afloat in the meantime? You got me.
- Aryeh M. Abeles, MD
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.