Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all!

While I was looking for information for an earlier post, I came across this interesting tidbit by RecoveringFool. I thought it was worth reposting here:

"It's good I like the rest of McCall's because the latest issue had advice for women to get control of their investments (please be sure you're sitting down here). Their #1 piece of advice was to call a full service broker. all I can say is Oy ! "

It is information like this that clearly indicates the necessity for women to help educate each other.

A while back, I saw an ad by Merrill Lynch asking people to contact them about their new package for women investors. So I bit. They sent me materials; bottom line was to contact them for information re mutual funds.

Soon after, a broker from my local ML office called me to discuss my investments. I was more than happy to hear what he had to say ... but all he kept telling me was that I should be investing in mutual funds!

I soon learned that I knew more than this broker who was trying to get my business. Speaking of oy!

What experiences have you had trying to get information about how to begin taking control of your finances?

Barbara Eisner Bayer
TMF Venus

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.