Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

hi everyone, my very first post!

i have been lurking here for a while but have come up against a brick wall in my online researches.

I have gathered that one of the things that negatively effects managed fund performance is excessive churn in their holdings... is there anyway to find infomation about asset turn over rates for funds available in australia? i know there is an equivalent on the US market, but this isn't so relevent to me.

i was unable t o find this info in the prospectus' of a couple of fund i d/l-ed.

oh, and on a related point, what could be an appropriate benchmark to compare fund performance too? the US market, AllOrds, S&P/ASX200?

need to see if the published performance of funds is _really_ ahead of some benchmark after taking away mangement expenses and entry fees...

thanks!
brendan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.