Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Eldest is enrolled at GA Tech this Fall, and I want to start looking at real estate in Metro Atlanta.

We are just in the exploration stage, and would not pull the purchase trigger until we felt comfortable that Eldest was there for the duration. Ideally, we would find a place that is an easy commute to GT for Eldest to use down the road, but also a place we might like in retirement. Parking is a must, and the ability to walk to shops/parks/restaurants highly desired. Love interesting architecture. Public transportation would be great, but from what I understand that is a bit of a pipe dream. Really want "safer" parts of town. At this point, knowing where to avoid is just about as good as knowing where to look.

Open both to condos and SFH, though I tend to be happier with the control I keep with SFH. Some friends have suggested Buckhead, though that sounds better for us than Eldest. Any suggestions? Will be down early August. If you have any fabulous Realtor recs, would love to hear that too.

TIA,

IP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.