Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Dear Reader:

I'm sitting here thinking to myself what's next? I'm buying companies in my own portfolio that I am comfortable holding for at least five years, God willing longer. Well, I'm also looking for a new job. Iraq isn't the kind of place to keep a career going. Sure, I get to see a place few Americans have, but I need to get home and settle down. Iraq also does great things for my portfolio cause there's always crisp dollar bills that go into it; since I am not home to spend it.

If I don't get a job soon, I'll probably sit tight for another six months. I figure employers would be beating down the doors for someone who lives and works right between Ar Ramadi and Al Fallujah for over two years. You need someone who's the "firefighter" type and won't quit when it gets tough, I'm your man. You want me to work 10 hours; that's fine. I currently put in 84 a week. Did I forget to mention that I have a degree in management science and plan to get my MBA.

I'm also contemplating building my own business. There's this company called Goin Postal that I kind of like. There's a great opportunity in my town for one. I am also thinking about finding a partner and tackling other business opportunities. I also figure with all the cash that I'm sitting on-- I should be able to figure out how to beat Bill Mann and TMFEldrewhosiewhatsit at CAPS. Well, I'm off to do some reading and take care this weekend!

-John

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.