Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Where we'll be confronted by the virus particles of church/temple-going cashiers, cleaning ladies, teachers, pharmacy techs, nurse's & aides, anesthesiologists, prison wardens, and so forth.
Note that I have no objection to religious services per se (w=ell, most of them-), but if other institutions can do their thing online, so can your priest/minister/rabbi/imam.

The current outbreak in my area was seeded by a church that took no precautions and is now suing the county government after being ordered to close. (The lawsuit was filed before the Supremes ruled that New York cannot impose limits on churches--thank you ACB.) Yet my synagogue hasn't held a single in-person event since the middle of March and will not hold any in the foreseeable future, if ever (some members now oppose opening if there is any risk of anything, and there is always some risk of something).

However, some streams of Judaism prohibit using electronics on the Sabbath, so you are demanding that adherents of them give up Shabbat and holy day services altogether, or surrender other civil rights. That kind of thinking might go over better on Campfire or Conservative Fools (if you think they don't go in for religious hatred, use specifically Muslim worship as the example), or Atheist Fools.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.