No. of Recommendations: 1
Keep the ball rollin'
Keep the ball rollin'
Girl, the name of the game is ....

Tim

http://watch.bnn.ca/#clip896445

The Street : April, 2013 : April 2, 2013 : Which of the Central Banks Will Blink First [04-02-13 7:05 AM]Its monthly meeting times for the Central Banks and they are being watched closely for any signs of movement or a change in policy. Dawn Desjardins, Assistant Chief Economist, RBC joined BNN to discuss.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 24
None of them blink until they are forced to do so.

Since they're all backward-looking in their decision making, they always, always, always either change their policies way past when due or, alternatively, maintain their existing policies for far too long.

I expect that the Fed will stop printing money, buying mortgages and flooding Wall Street with free liquidity about the time Ben Bernanke's limo driver pulls up to a gas station and, because the price has increased overnight to $25.00 per gallon, he turns around and asks Ben if he can spot him the extra cash.

At that point, the good doctor will put it on his calendar to discuss the possibility of tapering off Quantitative Easing at the next Fed meeting or possibly sometime shortly thereafter.

As Greenspan said: "No one could have forseen the real estate bubble," and as Bernanke said: "The subprime problem is contained."

My cat is more forward-looking and proactive than these people.

:-o
I expect that the Fed will stop printing money, buying mortgages and flooding Wall Street with free liquidity about the time Ben Bernanke's limo driver pulls up to a gas station and, because the price has increased overnight to $25.00 per gallon, he turns around and asks Ben if he can spot him the extra cash.

Yes, and at the current rate of inflation, that will take only 93 years.

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calcu...
Yes, and at the current rate of inflation, that will take only 93 years.

Didn't you read The Creature From Jekyll Island, my good man? It will happen in 93 seconds, not 93 years, and just 20 seconds before all of our property is nationalized in the interest of National Security. It's all laid out in one of the last chapters of that fantasy novel.
...at the current rate of inflation, that will take only 93 years.

It's great to know our savings will retain their earning power for another century - that is, if we can keep our savings from being confiscated first.

;-)