No. of Recommendations: 12
Which is nothing like "I want tax breaks" and "I want oil subsidies" and "I want mortgage deduction" and "I want crop subsidies" and the like, right?

Simple fact: Bush was handed a balanced budget. Republicans, in control of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency decided they wanted "free $h!t" in the way of taxcuts that would not, could not, and did not pay for themselves.

Then Republicans, in control of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency took on two wars and refused to pay for them.

Then Republicans, in control of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency voted in the largest increase in Medicare coverage in a generation.

And now you blame the deficit on Democrats.

It's like Kathleen Parker says: "The party doesn’t need a poll or a focus group. It needs a mirror."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/kathleen-parker-repub......

No problem the Republicans are evil

What did the Dems do with absolute power for two years? Didn't they straighten stuff out, didn't they at least roll back or pay for the bad stuff

Well at least they rolled back the Bush Tax cuts

They also helped on Medicare

Fortunately, Dems are not FOS. Now that they are in charge for another four years our problems are solved.

I like the Dem solutions, I have no idea what they are of course. But based on your genius I am sure that they will work. For you are too wise to follow people who do nothing but blame others and make things worse. Despite all evidence to the contrary
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.