Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
....a question to which I would love to know the answer:

http://boards.fool.com/us-mall-investors-set-to-lose-billion...

Cheers!
Murph
Home Fool
(long a number of REIT's and Vanguards REIT mutual fund)
Print the post Back To Top
"mall exposure"

Sorry about the truncated headline!

Cheers!
Murph
Home Fool
No. of Recommendations: 1
http://m.nreionline.com/retail/2015-top-retail-owners

Spg, GGP, Macerich, Westfield, Rouse, Taubman are the mall focused names that stick out to me.
Thanks much, Roger!

Cheers!
Murph
Home Fool
No. of Recommendations: 2
Spg, GGP, Macerich, Westfield, Rouse, Taubman are the mall focused names that stick out to me.

I don't pretend to know the slightest about shopping mauls, but I do know that just a few years back both SPG & TCO built malls in Chesterfield MO. In my opinion, SPG's mall is far and away better than the TCO mall, and like I wrote, I don't know anything about shopping malls as I don't do much shopping. But, I think I do recognize excellence when I see it.

Gup
I hope"shopping mauls" was intentional!
I've owned SPG before and would like to own it once again, but it has eluded me for several years, not hitting a price point I thought was acceptable. I have always wanted to buy in once again, but have so far missed the opportunity. Their malls are huge and every time I have visited have been filled with shoppers.

If any of you have ever visited Simon's Mall at Coconut Point, Estero Florida, or elsewhere, you know what I mean. For years Simon has been the 800 LB gorilla in the REIT Mall category.

Gracepeace
As for me, give me SKT. I've been really impressed with their malls.

brucedoe
Hi BruceDoe,

What do you think of SKT? Is it fairly valued? Future growth? Management?
orash

I wish I knew, but among retail stocks, they have been solid. I only bought earlier this year, and it is still up by over 2%, not down.

brucedoe