Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I hope I'm not crazy, but I just bought more CBI today ... which makes CBI now my largest holding, closely followed by PDS, then MPEL ...
Betting on Energy Infrastructure, NatGas & Oil Drilling, and China wanting to keep its gambling revenue.
My next big ones (a bit of a step down) are GIGM, AKO.A, AIB, TTM, TLK - aimed at bringing a bit more diversity to the mix, followed by smaller positions not worth naming right now.

Anyone have a different market theme favorite? I really like the energy growth theme, but unfortunately I put in a buy too late on CGV ... waiting for it to drop back a bit.

The other big question is inflation ... the US government doesn't have a history of paying back debt, so will the big infusions of T-bills and prolonged low fed rate end up being highly inflationary once the market shifts back from its de-leveraging cycle into the next bull market re-leveraging period? (Yes- I realize this might be over a year or two out, but it will happen) That would be the commodity bull story if it happens...

Now's the time for theories ... if you have any money to put in the system while its down, what theme will you follow as to where it should go? Even if you're a long-term bear it has to go somewhere...

-John T
Print the post Back To Top
I think I like Warren Bufet's theme the most as regards this. He just said recently that.......

"It's nice to have a lot of money, but you don't want to keep it around forever. I prefer buying things. Otherwise it's a little like saving up sex for your old age. (Laughs.) At some point, you've got to use it. (Laughter.)"
I like GSI.
Toni
"Now's the time for theories ... if you have any money to put in the system while its down, what theme will you follow as to where it should go? Even if you're a long-term bear it has to go somewhere..."

As Warren said after he plunge into GS with his billions: "I prefer buying things"

I'll go with that theme of "buying" and stay away from selling unless the gains are 50% or better within a week of the buy. I'll pair my buy theme with an eagle eye on growth tempered by nice valuations. Will probably stay away from U. S. stocks for the most part. There's more growth stories to be found overseas especially in China and India. I think the best the "rescue" package of the feds will do is alleviate the coming slowdown in the domestic economy.