Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
While I agree with what you are saying, it is STILL not the point of the article. Do you think credit card companies should be allowed to act in the ways described by the article?

No.

I just picked up my crystal ball from the shop, so here's how this will play out. Don't forget that we're but hours away from an election year.

There will be Congressional hearings. Politicians of all stripes will express their shock at learning that banks are greedy. Editorials will be written. Jessie Jackson will find a TV camera.

Just in time for full-scale campaigning reforms will be passed. There will be an all-smiles signing ceremony in the White House.

About a year from then the new scams will appear in your revised Credit Agreement.

And that was my point.

Phil
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.