Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
While I already own Cisco and am very happy with the returns I have received, I am nervous about the fact that they just put into place a poison pill. I heard on CNBC that John Chambers might be a little nervous about the high valuation that Cisco currently carries and in the event of a market downturn Cisco could be a target of a hostile takeover. Given that Cisco and Lucent are close in size it's unlikely that in October when Lucent is able to acquire companies thru the issuance of debt that Lucent will takeover Cisco. There are other potential suitors that I have heard of such as BCE, which is the holding company for Bell Canada and who owns a stake in Northern Telecom,and GE is also a potential suitor. With Chambers stating that growth is slowing due to the fareast crisis and the growing competition in the networking field, I think to Cisco is not going to have the growth potential that it once had. I think that any thought given to making Cisco the 8th cash king should take these things into account.
-hughs
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.