Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
While I don't believe your joke was particularly inflammatory, I could care less if it was pulled. But what does irritate me are inflammatory posts such as this one decrying the state of censorship as if it was a problem when it's not.

One, the folks who run the Motley Fool have the right to pull any post they deem inappropriate. Apparently, yours fell into that category. GET OVER IT. So what if they pulled the joke? It's not the end of the world. It's a friggin' joke--not the Gettysburg Address.

It seems to me you've taken the issue as a personal insult, which you should not. There are lots of issues you can fight for. However, fighting for the right to post possibly off-color jokes isn't high on my list.

What does recommending your post if we are against censorship supposed to prove? Isn't that like taking a vote and saying, for all of those who agree, please raise your hand! For all of those who don't, sorry, you don't get to vote. What kind of justice is that? You should be ashamed!

Get over it and move on. When the Fool begins to pull posts because somebody takes a different opinion than them on a stock or company, or pulls posts like your censorship post because it's "challenging" them, then I might get up in arms about censorship. But because they pulled what some people might consider an off-color joke? Please, get on with your life.

-- Ryan
Print the post  

Announcements

HURL Rules
Relax, laugh and Enjoy Foolishly
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.