Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
While I don't generally get worked up about a specific exec's actions with his/her shares, I think Seth latched onto one aspect of a poorly written article and passed up on the greater point.

I think it was Stalin that said something like the death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is just a statistic. Seth got hyped up over a poorly researched and potentially misleading attack on Fossil's CEO. And from his evidence, rightly so.

However, the point remains, insider selling has ramped up significantly on a broad scale in the past couple months (Kartstois isn't the only guy driving the stats provided) and insider buying was going crazy in March (the bottom of the market...so far). There is some research I could do to try to match up the purchases and the sells, but it isn't really worth my time.

I may be succumbing to confirmation bias, but I don't think it is going that far out on a limb to say that insiders might be selling because the economic fundamentals don't support a continued climb in the stock market (what the article was actually about, not the character assasination of HG CEOs).
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.