No. of Recommendations: 5
While it costs a bit of money (when on sale - about twice a year, I think whole world maps with perpetual updates is about $40-50), Sygic is available for both Android and Apple. Mp files can be downloaded on a country-by-country basis on Wi-Fi and the GPS software will work with these downloaded maps even if you don't have a data plan. The quality of the routing is indistinguishable from TomTom.

A free off-line GPS system similar to the above (but routing not as sophisticated) is Maps.Me which also works with Apple and Android. OSM+ is an Android only one.

I have my phone set up for all three as well as Google Maps.

Jeff
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
While it costs a bit of money (when on sale - about twice a year, I think whole world maps with perpetual updates is about $40-50), Sygic is available for both Android and Apple. Mp files can be downloaded on a country-by-country basis on Wi-Fi and the GPS software will work with these downloaded maps even if you don't have a data plan. The quality of the routing is indistinguishable from TomTom.

A free off-line GPS system similar to the above (but routing not as sophisticated) is Maps.Me which also works with Apple and Android. OSM+ is an Android only one.

I have my phone set up for all three as well as Google Maps.

Jeff
Print the post Back To Top