No. of Recommendations: 0
While that might be a more likely scenario, it's not the one this time. According to Seagate's site, 10.5 and 10.6 support drives larger than 2.2 TB…

You're confusing two different (but related) issues.

Steven, do you really think I was confusing the 2 things? In the next sentence I said that the Seagate article said "that the Power Mac G5, MacPro, and iMac systems with the listed os versions support drives larger than 2.2 TB."

I've worked with these issues for quite a bit in the past, such as the 1.2 GB partition issue with ATA drives on many machines when OS X came out. I tested the issues while at Apple, and was one of the few giving feedback on the text that was included in the installer and related documentation of the first couple releases of OS X.

It is good to note. But since I included both the OS and HW requirements that were listed in the Seagate document, which I had to type in instead of copying and pasting, I would have thought you would have given me the benefit of the doubt.

Aaron

(alas, my newer iMac was speced with a 500 gig HD and not a 1TB, so no free "replacement" for me)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.