No. of Recommendations: 4
While the backtester only provides information on these screens since 1997

1. I worked with TimeinessTM 2-2 because my past investing experience indicated that analysts raise stock ratings to the highest possible level only after superior performance for some period of time. My thought was that potentially successful longer term holdings (at least a year) may be more plentiful in the Timeliness 2 grouping.

2. The FCFL aspect is simply a sort with the 8 highest ranked ratios of FCFL per share divided by stock price, and then eliminating the highest ranking stock. For some reason the highest ranked stock always performed below the average in whatever permutations I tried.

This looks like a canary killer. The short backtest makes it easy to find spurious results. The Timeliness 2 preference is suspicious. And the elimination of the top FCFL stock is data mining almost beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The comment from winker clinches it -
There is an obscene January effect going on. Try some of the other start months.

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Elan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.