No. of Recommendations: 2
While the data on who Democrat voters would not want to see win the nomination might be interesting, I'm not sure it really matters much. When you vote, you don't get to assign negative votes to any of the candidates. The important issue when it comes to winning an election is that more people prefer one candidate over the alternative. They may like or hate both.

So the poll forces Democratic voters to choose among the group of candidates who would be at the bottom of their list. Is that choice actually someone they despise? or simply a candidate that ranks slightly behind other candidates that the voter prefers? Would they still vote for that candidate over Trump?

Also, it's very early in the process. While I read and follow a lot of news, I couldn't tell you a handful of facts about half of the current candidates. If I had to choose who was on the bottom of my list, I would be choosing mostly out of ignorance at this point. I suspect a lot of voters are in a similar situation.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.