No. of Recommendations: 0
While your friend may be totally altruistic in her motives, her clients may well have relatives who would view this sort of arrangement very skeptically.

Viv,

I appreciate the word of caution, but I don't think it applies here.

Typically the family is totally behind the choice to use a daily money manager, as the (typically) adult child is not able to do it for their parent, due to job pressures and living at some distance. In fact, I expect that in many cases, the adult child will be paying for my services, to ensure that their parent's bills are paid, and health insurance claims are processed, etc. At least, that is my expectation. Let's see how it turns out in fact.

Womanontheverge
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.