No. of Recommendations: 0
I had a sewer backup which pretty much demolished a finished basement. My insurance company has issued me two checks which I had to send to the mortgage company for endorsement. They endorsed the first and sent it back. That will about cover the cleaning and tearout,etc. They are denying endorsing the second until I have proof of repairs. I really don't have the money readily available for the repairs and it is unlikely I could get anyone to start without at least paying something.

This is in Denver where it will only be luck that allows me to find anyone to do the work.

So no money without repairs; no repairs without money. Catch-22.

Do I need a lawyer ? I doubt it matters but the mortgage is about 25-30% of the value of the house.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.