Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Who in the world are these 34%? Consider

Consider that Richard Nixon, even after his own counsel testified in Congress that he was involved in breaking and entering, even after documentary evidence was produced of his involvement in bribery, obstruction of justice, and the rest of what came to be known as "the White House Horrors", still had a 25% approval rating.
http://pollkatz.homestead.com/files/BNCapp_12756_image001.gif

I therefore conclude there are 25% of people who will vote "my Party right or wrong", no matter what. They are the same people who supported the most evil of dictators during World War II, even as the allies came marching down the street, they are the Baathists who said "Well, Saddam ain't so bad, at least to me", they are the people who cannot admit they were wrong, or that anybody else might have a point.

We get to see several of them on this board every day. The President still has about 10% to go. Perhaps we will be treated to watching one of two of them be stripped away before it is all over.

What a country.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.