Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
(who is not sure where to go from here)

I've worked closely with Bill for a number of years now and learned enormous amounts from him, and I, too, am sad to see him go. For regulatory reasons, MFAM is a separate entity and I'm no longer able to talk shop with Bill. That's my least favorite aspect of all of this.

As for what to do from here, I'm hopeful that we can continue to deliever in Global Gains Bill's original promise of vetted, overlook, undervalued, and great international stock ideas. We also hope to continue to travel, deliver opinionated and well-researched commentary and dispatches, and have some fun along the way.

I know in this industry it takes some time -- rightfully -- for "advisors" to earn your trust. And as we've seen with the Madoff scandal, you find out fast that you can't even trust people in this space that you thought you could (especially when they obfuscate performance). That said, I hope you'll give us some time to earn your trust. From talking with Bill before it was announced he was leaving (I emphasize that for the benefit of the SEC :-) ), I know he thinks now is a fabulous time to be an investor in foreign equities and especially in the stocks on our scorecard.

Happy holidays,
Tim
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.