Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Who makes decisions if you're unconscious? Are they going to go through your stuff to find a MedJet card (is there one?), and act on it?

In my case, I usually have a Road i.d. on(www.roadid.com). I try to remember it whenever I am not likely to be known - hotel fitness centers, solo biking and traveling. It's pretty much always on when biking from home. (I haven't asked lately about what a first responder will look for).

Someone has to do something with your remains and you might be surprised even with what different states in the US require to get things done. Whoever is left definitely needs a valid death certificate as well.

Who will make decisions for the two people in a couple if both are unable ?

You may want to check Allianz reviews.

If you will be using Medicare at some point, for me travel was a deciding factor in the gap plans to consider. When I checked with my current insurance which is essentially an employee plan, it is for reimbursement of expenses. That could be quite a chunk of change to front in some cases.

When I was looking for single trip insurance, I went to Squaremouth. I have only had to collect a major amount from insurance for a family medical emergency. It's been about 6 or 7 years and it was the insurance company recommended by the bike tour company(I would have to search to find it all).

I've tried to cover my situations as well as to make it easier on my son who is the decider.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.