Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all,
I'm a Fool newbie and an overall investing newbie as well. I am 28 yrs old and looking to start a Roth IRA. I've been married for two months now (thank-you). I've read almost every post and every article I can find as well as signed up for the free month of Champion Fund here at Fool. All this reading has me one thing… very confused. I think I'm over-thinking this decision and it's costing me valuable time. I need to pick a company to get my IRA through, so I've broken down and decide to ask fellow fools for help. I've read all about fees and this, that and the other. I'm a very aggressive personality and am looking to invest that way, but be educated about it. I like stocks, mutual funds and possibly ETFs (if I truly understand what they are). I also like to be involved and know where exactly all my money is going. Could someone(s) please give me some advice on whom to go with to start up my Roth IRA? I may do some stock trading on the side, but it would be VERY minimal at this point, if at all.
Oh, and I'll be putting the max in the Roth IRA up front, not making monthly payments. Not sure if I'll be financially fit enough to do this each year, may have to move to monthly payments in the future. Also, I HAVE to have online access; I've recently moved to a small town and no longer get to “the big city” much.

Thanks much in advance!
-Jay from MN
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.