No. of Recommendations: 0
Ralph Nader again? If George Bush is anywhere near the incompetent the lefties describe on this board, the election should be a run-away for John Kerry. The election appears to be to close to call and Bush may even be re-elected.

All of the machinations and named calling, (dumbya, idiot, incompetent, worst president ever, etc.), have done nothing to bring undecided and independent voters into the John Kerry camp. The only thing that has been accomplished has been a lot of mutual admiration, high fiving, and slapping oneself on the back. The fact of the matter is that the Democratic party has fielded an extremely weak candidate. I do not know how else you can explain the closeness of the election. From what I have read here, it should have been a run away victory for Kerry. You did not convince me.

I am voting for a third party candidate again. It is the only real hope for change. I urge others to consider third party candidates in order to break the Republican/Democrat monopoly. If not now, when?

rhodie
Print the post Back To Top
I am voting for a third party candidate again. It is the only real hope for change. I urge others to consider third party candidates in order to break the Republican/Democrat monopoly. If not now, when?

IMHO, the time to vote for a third party is when there is no discernable difference between the Republican candidate and the Democrat candidate.

Clearly, that's not the case in this election!!!

deejay7
No. of Recommendations: 4
I do not know how else you can explain the closeness of the election.

Like in all countries, the existence of huge chunks of the electorate who don't really know enough to care. These types vastly favour conservative parties, because they are the ones who mostly supply them with enough nastiness to satiate their collective desire to see those they blame for social ills kept in check. There are enough of these people to hold a very significant sway over the end result. Please note: I'm not saying that ALL people who vote for Bush are like this. Just an influential core of the ones who would be better classified as undecideds if they didn't have such natural inclinations to make choices based on things like sufficiently bombastic rhetoric about homosexuals.

In other words, the dumb, underinformed and aggressive keep leaders like George W. Bush in power.

What?

Do you want me to be politically correct about it?
No. of Recommendations: 1
Clearly, the commonality between the Republican candidate and the Democrat candidate is striking. One could enumerate a long list. This election is merely a struggle within the power elite as to who will govern us common folk for the next four years. This whole matter could have been hashed out in a meeting of the Skull & Bones club. One could consider at least casting a vote of hope for the future. Look among the third parties. I realize this is not PC, but at least think about it. As far as the Democrats and Republicans are concerned, they own your votes.

rhodie
No. of Recommendations: 1
Look among the third parties. I realize this is not PC, but at least think about it. As far as the Democrats and Republicans are concerned, they own your votes.

rhodie

Even in Germany, third parties' grade of influence is limited. Your party get less than 5% of the votes, your vote is not counted. But at least some of the smaller parties will pass this hurdle and will participate in the political process.

If I were a supporter of parlamentarian democracy, I'd call for all votes to be counted proportionally; I bet more people in the US would participate in presidential erections, and more people would vote for third parties.

Abe
In other words, the dumb, underinformed and aggressive keep leaders like George W. Bush in power.

What?

Do you want me to be politically correct about it?

Never.
Thicko red-necks it is

CF

rhodie

Badnarik seems to oppose Roe v Wade, and Nader? Never. So, when? When Ron Paul runs on the Libertarian ticket or as an Independent, maybe.