No. of Recommendations: 0
The bonds I'm holding now are for their revenue, but I still like to see them priced higher than what I bought them at, even if i plan to hold to maturity. I'm wondering how monday's trading will open after nothing getting done in Congress.

So, we've got a terrible heat wave in large cities that have high unemployment, and now there is talk every day out of DC about cutting entitlements and benefits, and maybe in some places municipal services are getting cut back? I hope that political rhetoric will not be the spark that starts the fires.....has DC forgotten about the summer of 69?? Hmmmmm, or was it 70?? or 71? Well, its clear that I can't remember just what year there were riots in Watts, Detroit, and other places. But since a lot of our national guard seems to be misplaced overseas, I just wish both parties would tone it down a bit.

Oh boy, off to Alabama, a state I've never stepped foot in. The trees are busted up and twisted instead of black, but it should be fun going to a new place, even with 100% RH. I do want to take time to visit some places I saw a lot of real time violence on TV in the 60's, and defintely take a trip up to Birmingham to pay respects at the chuch that got bombed
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.