No. of Recommendations: 1
Having difficulty keeping straight who all are involved in the Petraeus scandal?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/11/13/165016521/pet...
Print the post Back To Top
Having difficulty keeping straight who all are involved in the Petraeus scandal?

What I am having difficultly with is how you and your ilk are trying to do your best to deflect from the real story and using the sex scandal to sweep under the rug the murder of four Americans and the Benghazi attack. Yes, I am bringing up the murders again lest you forget or have you done so already?
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sex and murder, adultery, international terror, hot babes... twins even, assassination of a US ambassador. Real James Bond stuff.

This will trump incompetence everytime.

Speaking of Trump why isn't he on the front lines on this... then again, he knows his own glass house?

I'm not going to get very invested in this until they unveil either the "Vegas connection" or the link to the Mob.
No. of Recommendations: 35

What I am having difficultly with is how you and your ilk are trying to do your best to deflect from the real story and using the sex scandal to sweep under the rug the murder of four Americans and the Benghazi attack. Yes, I am bringing up the murders again lest you forget or have you done so already?

I'm beginning to understand how "you and your ilk" could so easily be stampeded into invading Iraq as a response to 9/11.

Good luck with your conspiracy theory.
No. of Recommendations: 8

Is it ilk-hunting season already?

No one is trying to sweep the Benghazi murders under the rug.

There are a few folks, though, who are trying to make political hay out of them.

The Petraeus sex scandal has nothing - zero - to do with Benghazi.
How about we learn why the Administration waited until 3 days after the election to release this information? What were they afraid of.

And if Rep. Kantor did know about it sooner why did he sit on it as well.

Seems that Democrats and Republicans on the House/Senate Intelligence Committee are very upset they didn't know about this. Apparently it's required that certain members are told asap of the smallest hint of anything. Members of the Intelligence Committees are told even of investigations that end up clearing people because they are required to be told. (It's why you need people you trust on those committees and not political hacks)

The actual attack in Benghazi agreed.

But the unfolding coverup for whatever reasons, most likely yes.

I just can't figure out how those twins fit in...can you?

One "sticky whicket" though.

Except he postponed his Congressional testimony because of it.
Seems that Democrats and Republicans on the House/Senate Intelligence Committee are very upset they didn't know about this. Apparently it's required that certain members are told asap of the smallest hint of anything. Members of the Intelligence Committees are told even of investigations that end up clearing people because they are required to be told. (It's why you need people you trust on those committees and not political hacks)

I don't know, I keep seeing people complaining about this administration not being the most transparent ever.

I could not disagree more, there has never been a more transparent group or at least not in recent memory.
No. of Recommendations: 2

The hell with the sex scandal.

The Benghazi story with its 4 murdered Americans and the denial of any assistance to them till 15 hrs after they were dead, is getting sidelined by sex and infidelity.
We are getting minute by minute detailed accounts on sex escapades, nothing on Benghazi except cat and mouse stories will Petraeus testify or not.
No. of Recommendations: 3
WASHINGTON (AP) — New Pentagon details show that the first U.S. military unit arrived in Libya more than 15 hours after the attack on the consulate in Benghazi was over, and four Americans, including the ambassador, were dead.

A Defense Department timeline obtained by The Associated Press underscores how far the military response lagged behind the Sept. 11 attack, due largely to the long distances the commando teams had to travel to get to Libya.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83713.html

There's your 15 hour response time. Magicians cannot conjure up a military response team from halfway around the world in a matter of minutes.

The CIA, however, did send a team immediately, as the material I quoted from over a week ago makes clear.
There's your 15 hour response time. Magicians cannot conjure up a military response team from halfway around the world in a matter of minutes.

The CIA, however, did send a team immediately, as the material I quoted from over a week ago makes clear.

As I recall I already linked this to you. Guess you ignored it...

snip
"Another source added, “Why would they put a ragtag team together in Tripoli as first responders? This is not even what they do for a living. We had a first responder air base in Italy almost the same distance away.” Despite the team arriving from Tripoli that night, sources said sufficient American back-up never came.

British sources on the ground in Benghazi said they are extremely frustrated by the attack and are still wondering why they weren’t called for help.“We have more people on the ground here than the Americans and I just don’t know why we didn’t get the call?” one said.

Both American and British sources said, at the very least, the security situation on the ground and the lack of proper response were the result of “complete incompetence.”"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/complete-incompetence-securi...
As I recall I already linked this to you. Guess you ignored it...

I already responded to this linked article. I guess you ignored my response.

If you want to read what I've already written... look it up. You should be able to find it by searching for your original post, and then finding my response in the same thread.
No. of Recommendations: 3
"As I recall I already linked this to you. Guess you ignored it..."

Any story that starts out with 'Fox news is reporting that...', and then continues on with 'another source added...', and 'British sources said...', can be safely ignored.

No real news, no real sources, no real corroboration, no real facts. This kind of carp SHOULD be ignored.

Are you familiar with the term "Too little, too late"?

What of the requests for increased security to protect them over the previous few months. After a few bombings and such. On 9/11 no less.

How does that die on the vine and not be looked into?

What of the requests for increased security to protect them over the previous few months. After a few bombings and such. On 9/11 no less.

How does that die on the vine and not be looked into?

I've responded to this assertion by you at least two or three times over the last week and a half.

Once more.....

This is perhaps the only legitimate question that still needs to be examined in this whole mess.

However, I doubt seriously that the design of security at individual consulates is part of the president's job description, so don't expect this to end with putting the president on trial.

Better procedures... probably. And a few low level heads may roll as well.

We had a first responder air base in Italy almost the same distance away.” Despite the team arriving from Tripoli that night, sources said sufficient American back-up never came.

The Real 911 Response: Most of Lower Manhattan burning in ruins, the Pentagon has been blown wide open, and a Jet Plane is flying directly toward the Capitol Building, the President is still reading "My Pet Goat" in a third grad class.
Planes could be scrambled at a moments notice:

Hours Go, Nothing Happens
No Planes Scrambled
The President and Vice President are busy getting the Bin Laden Family and other Saudis out of the country.
The Real 911 Response: Most of Lower Manhattan burning in ruins, the Pentagon has been blown wide open, and a Jet Plane is flying directly toward the Capitol Building, the President is still reading "My Pet Goat" in a third grad class.
Planes could be scrambled at a moments notice:

How does anyone know where just to scamble before the hit? Time frame between hits was measured in what, minutes? How do these magical planes that were scambled early detect which plane to monitor in time to have any effect?

If a correct airliner was identified would they shoot it down right there, over a city, killing hundreds of domestics on that flight...and on the ground ???dead and desroyed? Wouldn't the possessed pilots just go for another target to crash into instead?

Doe you live in a fantasy world where it all comes together wonderfully in the last second? You watch too much TV and expect the real world to operate the same. You are unrealistic/unfair to the hilt.

How does anyone know where just to scamble before the hit?

Planes where in the air for over an hour after the first Tower was hit:

two fighter jets from Otis Air National Guard Base were scrambled, but never received orders from the President, who was unavailable for hours.

three more fighters from the 1st Fighter Wing at Langley Air Force Base were scrambled which due to a complete lack of communications from the President, ended up flying eastward, out to sea.

George Bush was still Reading “My Pet Goat.”
the President is still reading "My Pet Goat" in a third grad class.

The President and Vice President are busy getting the Bin Laden Family and other Saudis out of the country.

lol...nigel is that you? I thought he was the designated lefty to bring up Bush with his straw man silliness.
If you want to read what I've already written... look it up. You should be able to find it by searching for your original post, and then finding my response in the same thread.

No need to. The headline to my link says it all...

"‘COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE’: SECURITY OFFICIALS IN LIBYA CHALLENGE CIA TIMELINE OF BENGHAZI ATTACK"
Planes where in the air for over an hour after the first Tower was hit:

two fighter jets from Otis Air National Guard Base were scrambled, but never received orders from the President, who was unavailable for hours.

three more fighters from the 1st Fighter Wing at Langley Air Force Base were scrambled which due to a complete lack of communications from the President, ended up flying eastward, out to sea.

George Bush was still Reading “My Pet Goat.”

Nice fantasy concept. If he was not reading my pet goat, left the room, he could have told those pilots just where to go, what to do and with no previous history to fall back on, contemplate shooting down an airliner full of domestics. Of course they would get the right ones, with no damage below and we would all be happy, because in the real world it all works out beautifully in the end.

Get real. I bet you have no such expectation of Obama.

When yuou are sober read this timeline.

The reason flight 11 was not intercepted was not because of anything Bush did or did not do.

That makes you a liar or just uninformed. You pick'em.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_for_the_day_of_the_Sep...

Nice fantasy concept. If he was not reading my pet goat, left the room, he could have told those pilots just where to go, what to do and with no previous history to fall back on, contemplate shooting down an airliner full of domestics. Of course they would get the right ones, with no damage below and we would all be happy, because in the real world it all works out beautifully in the end.

Get real. I bet you have no such expectation of Obama.

I think it is pretty obvious, no one would have told Obama

Then it would have simply not been his fault because he simply did not know

This may sound absurd, and I do not know how they would have covered for him, but Obama would simply have not known and that would have been OK, and we would be arguing why Giuliani did not have an Air Force in NY to protect the city.

The defenses of Obama are just so ridiculous there is only one possibility

RACISM!!!!!!!!!!
No. of Recommendations: 7
"No need to. The headline to my link says it all..."
- LurkerMom

Yes, a headline from a Fox "news" story that refers to 'some sources' and zero facts. Says it all, for sure.
I'm beginning to understand how "you and your ilk" could so easily be stampeded into invading Iraq as a response to 9/11.

It's easier for those who think rescpect for the troops is measured in decibels. For them it's easy to march in political parades carrying the dead bodies of actual patriots because, after all, they've already screamed meaningless false memes at the top of their lungs, so they're entitled to plaster political bumper stickers across the headstones of real Americans.
They should do this so the literate and sane can improve the US.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=305343236240935&...
The [Petraeus sex scandal has nothing to do with the] actual attack in Benghazi agreed.

But the unfolding coverup for whatever reasons, most likely yes.

Yes, I think you're right. Have a look at this report:

Petraeus Started Affair Last Year to Cover Up Benghazi, Says Conspiracy Theorist
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/11...