Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Why anyone answers the phone nowadays when the caller is unknown is beyond me. If you're not in my contacts list, you can leave a voicemail.

I have 30 numbers blocked and I still get 4-6 calls a day -- One is warning me that the IRS is coming to take me to jail, another who wants to reduce my CC interest rate, etc. The latest is an unnamed company going out of business and they want to refund my overpayments. But most don't leave messages when the voicemail kicks in.

I don't pick up the phone ever unless it's a person I know and to whom I wish to speak.
I've wondered what I'd have to do to keep my mother from speaking with these folks -- She had all her wits about her but thought it rude to hang up on people. And I doubt that I'd have been able to convince her that these calls are dangerous.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.