No. of Recommendations: 0
Why are you "working on" them? Their archaic methods are still acceptable too.

Because we care for our old luddite friends, family. Bring them on into todays world... slowly a few things change and they love it, others like GPS, still some resistance, sure tape maps work, but, why not see if the new tech works... Carrying wads of cash isn't the best thing, either...

One luddite, my BIL, has degrees, Masters, in geology & architecture, so while resistant, is gradually grumbling as he sorts out this and that. For his and her sanity, at least I've converted them to Macs, iPhones over the years, then the firestorm hit, they lost it all, so over the past year, replacements, upgrades are helping smooth some of it out... Still little quirkinesses like using one email address for both him & her, so you never know who might answer, same with the cells, never know who will answer, who gets the text, who took which phone with them.. A slow process... Nudging, nudging.. My DB & SIL, also similar, but at least they still had a landline, but email, same thing one address for both... DB left us last year, so that's resolved itself...

Nudging helps with some things, not all... A great old fiend, has hangups on foods to where another old friend began a list of what she won't eat, ever, and that list grew and grew, limits what works for lunches, dinners or when we travel with them... Nope, that won't change..

weco
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.