Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Why are you so hostile to progressive voters?

Whooosh! I'm not. I am being sarcastic about your previous response to me.

You never answered my question upthread, and I'm curious. If voters are dissatisfied with a lack of progress, do you think that progressives should kill the bipartisan infrastructure bill if it doesn't have what they want on climate change?

Primarily I did not answer because what I think has nothing to do with the poll results I posted. Like I said, I had nothing to do with the study. I simply found it showing the trends I have been suggesting were sure to happen for the past few months. My opinion on a specific issue is irrelevant to those trends and this discussion.

Wall Street DEMs simply don't really like progressives. They want their votes. But they don't want to do anything to earn those votes beyond not being a Republican. They believe that anyone expecting significant change should quietly stay in their place, keep voting DEM, and wait for the Wall Street and corporate DEMs to decide when progressive issues can and should be addressed.

My only role in this is pointing out that the trends I've been predicting are beginning to materialize in the polls. . . and that the Wall Street DEMs will attack anyone who points out the impact of the Democrats' inability to drive an agenda as the majority party that even approaches the GQP's ability to drive their agenda when they are a minority.

Like it or not, the DEMs are heading for a massive defeat in 2022 if they don't figure out a better way to address this.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.