Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
"You are basically worshipped here, and can type a post that says "nothing," and get 49...."

Absolutely not true. I'll show you.

How many does this post have?

~aj

You lose. Your post did not say the word "nothing." Try a post with the word "nothing" in it. Then see if you get that many recs.
;^)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 240
"You are basically worshipped here, and can type a post that says "nothing," and get 49...."
````````````````````````````
"Absolutely not true. I'll show you.
How many does this post have?"
```````````````````````````
"You lose. Your post did not say the word "nothing." Try a post with the word "nothing" in it. Then see if you get that many recs.;^)"

NOTHING

~aj
No. of Recommendations: 0
You lose. Your post did not say the word "nothing." Try a post with the word "nothing" in it. Then see if you get that many recs.

If AJ posted photos of his models with "nothing", they'd be FA'd.

Keith
~aj,

I totally agree with the opinion of your assistant, Nothing.
She also looks pretty good to me.
No. of Recommendations: 17
NOTHING

~aj

Not everybody can do that. Watch....

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.

Cloaca
No. of Recommendations: 2
some people know how to say "Nothing" so it's funny and some don't.

Cloaca

Sorry, I guess you just don't have AJ's comedic timing ;)
No. of Recommendations: 1
But some of us like aj, so my rec is "Much ado about Nothing" :)
some people know how to say "Nothing" so it's funny and some don't.

Shultz on Hagan's Hero's comes to mind.

Cloaca

That reminds me of the line from "Amadeus" where Salieri and Mozart are in a competition and the King must find a reason Mozart's beautiful work is not acceptable. After a bit of pause while the King searches for a reason, he comes up with:

"Too many notes."

Clearly, you didn't learn that lesson!

Hundriver
Or, alternatively, not enought banknotes (to
151 recs for say NOTHING!!!

Brilliant....you rec wh%re:-)
No. of Recommendations: 23
"some people know how to say "Nothing" so it's funny and some don't."

"Schultz on Hogan's Heros comes to mind."

Here he is:

www.averagjoe.com/nothing.wav

~aj
No. of Recommendations: 4
We start, then, with nothing, pure zero. But this is not the nothing of negation. For not means other than, and other is merely a synonym of the ordinal numeral second. As such it implies a first; while the present pure zero is prior to every first. The nothing of negation is the nothing of death, which comes second to, or after, everything. But this pure zero is the nothing of not having been born. There is no individual thing, no compulsion, outward nor inward, no law. It is the germinal nothing, in which the whole universe is involved or foreshadowed. As such, it is absolutely undefined and unlimited possibility -- boundless possibility. There is no compulsion and no law. It is boundless freedom.

Charles S. Peirce, "Logic of Events" (1898)
No. of Recommendations: 11
"You lose. Your post did not say the word "nothing." Try a post with the word "nothing" in it. Then see if you get that many recs.;^)"

NOTHING

~aj

The thing is he didn't say nothing...(slang not intended). If he had written nothing at all (as in left the post blank) he would have proven his point. He wrote something and said nothing. He would have proven his point by leaving the post blank. So all is moot. Null and Void. No point was made. If one "posts" actually nothing, for example: Subject; nothing ~aj. Content of post left blank. Then nothing is actually writtin.

I feel these points adds greatly to the discussion and content of this thread. If you agree, we both may be in trouble. I wrote something and said nothing. I don't hear anything do you? If either of us does it may be time to see a psychiatrist. I hear Woody Allen has great references. This may be much ado about NOTHING.

Jack
Author: averagjoe Number: of 114168
Subject: Re: Why AveragJoe loses the worship post Date: 11/21/07 12:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

Recommendations: 197

"NOTHING"

~aj