No. of Recommendations: 39
He just admitted he and other Rapeublicans were pushing people around.

He claimed he was trying to "protect" the tent.

A friend of mine was there. He didn't see the Crowder assault, but he DID talk to the guy who punched Crowder.....the guy (by the way, he is much older than Crowder) told my friend Crowder has pushed him to the ground, he got up and punched Crowder.

By the way....my friend was set up as security to try to keep folks separated.....ya know, when you have demonstrations and counter demonstrations, that is generally considered a good idea.

The Rapeublicans kept leaving their "zone", going into the crowd to try to provoke them. When Crowder shoved someone to the ground, he finally got the response he wanted.

He had no info on how the tent fell....but he DID help people get out of the tent, and he said the reason the tent was cut was because it was vinyl, and he and others were worried people in the tent might suffocate. Yes, it was union people that cut the tent...along with the right wingers.....so they could get people out once it fell.

Sooooo......we have an example of someone who was pushed to the ground punching his attacker. Technically, both are guilty of battery. Crowder isn't going to do anything about this because he is more guilty than the old guy he pushed to the ground.

As an aside.....I got suckered by Snyder when I voted for him. Had he been even remotely honest in his campaign, I never would have voted for him. Live and learn....Rapeublicans are a dishonest breed by nature, and while I am not a Democrat anymore, I just can't see trusting Republican promises ever again. Happily, I think there are quite a few people like me here in Michigan, and the teabaggers days are numbered.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Does your upstanding buddy have an explanation for destroying Mr. Tarver's hot dog stand and calling him expletives? He ran out of mustard perhaps? Inquiring minds want to know.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Liberals justify political violence all the time.

JediG
No. of Recommendations: 0
Liberals justify political violence all the time.

JediG
_____________________________--

Were it possible for them to be embarrassed it would be quite embarrassing.
No. of Recommendations: 18
As I was not there, I have no info on the destroyed hot dog stand.

I did see a video where it does indeed look like Crowder was behind the old guy and pushed the old guy to the ground.

Were I pushed to the ground by some smug punk....yeah, while I rarely lose my temper....I may indeed respond by punching my attacker. I would assume most people would do the same.

So, call it what you will, but Crowder did indeed assault the old guy, and got punched in response. Crowder instigated the attack.
They aren't embarassed.

Many of these yuppies believe in violent political jihad, even thoght they masquerade as pacifists.

Others are racists, even as they claim to be "pro immmigrant" and don their "save tibet" shirts.

JediG
A friend of mine was there. He didn't see the Crowder assault, but he DID talk to the guy who punched Crowder.....the guy (by the way, he is much older than Crowder) told my friend Crowder has pushed him to the ground, he got up and punched Crowder.

I'm calling bullcrap. Where's the video?
No. of Recommendations: 59
<I'm calling bullcrap. Where's the video?>

Funny you should ask, Dope.

From today's New York Times:

"Unfortunately for Mr. Crowder, a look at the video broadcast on the Sean Hannity show appears to show quite clearly that he left out an important section of the footage when he put together his edit. A section of the Fox News broadcast preserved by the Web site Mediaite shows that Mr. Hannity’s producers at Fox News started the clip five seconds earlier than Mr. Crowder did. What the extra footage reveals is the man who punched Mr. Crowder being knocked to the ground seconds before and then getting up and taking a swing at the comedian."

Doesn't sound so much like union thugs as it does another righty with an itchy editing finger.

Makes one wonder why Crowder felt the need to so obscure the truth of the actual encounter?

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/12/selective-editin...
No. of Recommendations: 13
I have seen the video where the right winger pushed the old guy to the ground and then the guy hit Crowder...

Crowder and company -- Fox news “contributors” creating pure propaganda.

Heck I bet most of those "union thugs" as Fox calls them are veterans, fathers, and NRA supporters.. Fine upstanding salt-of-the-earth Americans.
I'm calling bullcrap. Where's the video?

That's so obvious even Hoch knows it, so why bring it up?

He knows he has to lie to maintain his beliefs, so he does, he knows better but convinces himself of this stuff anyway. KInd of scary actually.
y, I think there are quite a few people like me here in Michigan, and the teabaggers days are numbered

meh.
they just change a few notes in the song and
re-title it
I have seen the video where the right winger pushed the old guy to the ground and then the guy hit Crowder...

Crowder and company -- Fox news “contributors” creating pure propaganda.

Heck I bet most of those "union thugs" as Fox calls them are veterans, fathers, and NRA supporters.. Fine upstanding salt-of-the-earth Americans.

Post it, please. Because even if this is true I'd like to know what went on up to that.
No. of Recommendations: 44
Post it, please. Because even if this is true I'd like to know what went on up to that.

LOL. When the story was simply "union thug attacks Crowder" you swallowed it whole without question. Now that it appears Crowder provoked the assault, you're all of sudden curious about the circumstances and "what went on up to that."
No. of Recommendations: 5
"I'm calling bullcrap. Where's the video?

That's so obvious even Hoch knows it, so why bring it up?

He knows he has to lie to maintain his beliefs, so he does, he knows better but convinces himself of this stuff anyway. KInd of scary actually. "

Pot, meet kettle.....appears to be black, does it not?

http://aattp.org/video-foxs-crowder-started-fight-pushed-uni...

Watch the video closely....Crowder puts his hand out, as if to put it on the old guy's shoulder. The camera conveniently shifts away, but if you watch carefully you see Crowder rearing back and raising his hands up (which necessarily means they must have been somewhere other than where they ended up) as the old guy falls to the ground.....old guy then gets up and punches Mr. Poor-poor-me.

That is why he didn't press charges. He has now offered to fight the old guy in an MMA style match. I wonder if he would be interested in fighting a different old guy? I am out of commission for quite a while, but I know quite a few guys from dojos around Detroit that would love to have a televised match.

Anyway, don't worry about apologizing. If a liberal had cooked something up like this, I wouldn't want to believe it either.

Sorry I do not have a link, but I have seen a video where the fellow does look like he is getting up, in which case he could believe he was pushed down. I did not see the push but can not rule it out.

However, the union crowd were good Samaritans, just trying to help out those in the tent because it collapsed innocently? Please, that is so far beyond anything a sane person could believe it is really rather scary.

BTW, this is not to say that the union thug who came up punching had any right at assault if he happened to go down unless he actually was shoved, which would have been an insane thing to do intentionally shove down someone in the middle of a bubbling mob, so I have a real problem with that-- but can at least see that opinion with as obscene a case of confirmation bias as Hoch carries
"However, the union crowd were good Samaritans, just trying to help out those in the tent because it collapsed innocently? Please, that is so far beyond anything a sane person could believe it is really rather scary. "

Never said I knew how the tent collapsed. Neither did my friend....who as a long time union man was given the task of keeping the hot headed union people AWAY from the tent and the right wingers. He also helped people get out of the tent, and there were plenty of union people who did that as well....and I fully believe him when he said they cut the tent to get people out. I also believe him when he said that Crowder regularly left the area to try to tick people off.

Did union people collapse the tent? I would guess they probably did....but I don't know for sure, and given what appears to me to show by a preponderance of the evidence at least, that Crowder pushed an old guy to the ground....well, if they wanted a story, they sure could get one by collapsing the tent themselves.

Crazy? I would say pushing an old guy down to get a violent reaction is kind of crazy...but then again, some of the right wingers were packing guns, so maybe they felt secure.
Watch the video closely....Crowder puts his hand out, as if to put it on the old guy's shoulder. The camera conveniently shifts away, but if you watch carefully you see Crowder rearing back and raising his hands up (which necessarily means they must have been somewhere other than where they ended up) as the old guy falls to the ground.....old guy then gets up and punches Mr. Poor-poor-me.

Where do you get this from? The key piece of the video is at 1:31. You see the idiot who hits Crowder swearing (because they have to fuzz out his mouth). Then you see the camera on SC's head at 1:32.

Then the camera guy gets knocked around from 1:33 and 1:34. At 1:35 you see Crowder's hands come up and the field of view drops down to where the union guy ended up on the ground.

The video DOES NOT SHOW Crowder pushing him there. And even if SC DID push him down, we don't know why.

Sorry, but this goes into the #liblie category until you come up with another camera angle.

Ruling on the field is that the union jerk0ff attacked Crowder. Come up with some indisuputable video evidence and the ruling can be overturned.
Oh, and as an aside....I saw a Crowder interview where he said something along the lines that he and other right wing alpha males were "pushing people away from the tent."

Methinks it is going to be his cover if the truth comes out.....he DID push the guy, but didn't mean for him to fall and was trying to protect the tent bravely, as bravely as he could.

See? I already have the next act of this absurd play figured out....
Methinks it is going to be his cover if the truth comes out.....he DID push the guy, but didn't mean for him to fall and was trying to protect the tent bravely, as bravely as he could.

See? I already have the next act of this absurd play figured out....

Yeah, the big bad conservatives were pushing away the good Samaritan liberals away to stop them from getting credit for saving people in the collapsing tent

Oh yeah, you got it all figured out, boooyahhh, friggin amazing
"Yeah, the big bad conservatives were pushing away the good Samaritan liberals away to stop them from getting credit for saving people in the collapsing tent

Oh yeah, you got it all figured out, boooyahhh, friggin amazing "

No....the story is that Captain Crowder was protecting the tent like Ronald Reagan at the Alamo....thus, when he leveled an old guy, he was protecting his Aryan Brothers from the inevitable attack.

Once the tent collapsed, both sides worked to get people out.....it was only after the people were cut out of the tent that the story became "union thugs cut our tent up."

Believe what you will.....
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Then the camera guy gets knocked around from 1:33 and 1:34. At 1:35 you see Crowder's hands come up and the field of view drops down to where the union guy ended up on the ground.

The video DOES NOT SHOW Crowder pushing him there. And even if SC DID push him down, we don't know why."

Consider....why were Crowder's hands coming up, in a "oh I am not fighting anyone pose?" If someone falls in front of you, or is falling....what do you naturally, instinctively do?

You reach out to catch them, to steady them....you don't recoil back. Also note that just before the camera panned away, Crowder reaches forward with his right hand seeming to pat the guy on the shoulder.

Now, also take into consideration Crowder's CYA statement that he and others didn't engage in violence but they DID "push" people to keep them away from the tent.

Is it proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Crowder pushed the old guy? No, but IF the old guy were to say "Crowder pushed me" then I would say it is.....honestly, I hope more video pops up so we can see what happened.

BTW, this doesn't mean the old guy isn't still guilty of assault...at the time he punched Crowder he wasn't in imminent apprehension of harmful or offensive contact. He just got steamed because he believed he was pushed to the ground. He could still be charged with assault and battery. HOWEVER, should this happen the Crowder would also likely be charged...and in most cases the instigator of a fight will end up worse off than the other combatant.
Consider....why were Crowder's hands coming up, in a "oh I am not fighting anyone pose?" If someone falls in front of you, or is falling....what do you naturally, instinctively do?

You reach out to catch them, to steady them....you don't recoil back. Also note that just before the camera panned away, Crowder reaches forward with his right hand seeming to pat the guy on the shoulder.

Now, also take into consideration Crowder's CYA statement that he and others didn't engage in violence but they DID "push" people to keep them away from the tent.

Is it proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Crowder pushed the old guy? No, but IF the old guy were to say "Crowder pushed me" then I would say it is.....honestly, I hope more video pops up so we can see what happened.

BTW, this doesn't mean the old guy isn't still guilty of assault...at the time he punched Crowder he wasn't in imminent apprehension of harmful or offensive contact. He just got steamed because he believed he was pushed to the ground. He could still be charged with assault and battery. HOWEVER, should this happen the Crowder would also likely be charged...and in most cases the instigator of a fight will end up worse off than the other combatant.

This is a dodge. You claimed that Crowder pushed the old guy down and claimed to have seen video of it...but the video you presented shows nothing of the kind.
Live and learn....Rapeublicans are a dishonest breed by nature, and while I am not a Democrat anymore, I just can't see trusting Republican promises ever again. Happily, I think there are quite a few people like me here in Michigan, and the teabaggers days are numbered.

I'm not in Michigan, but I agree. I haven't voted for any Rapeublicans since the 20th century. I'm pretty sure I won't vote for any Rapeublicans in this century.
Crowder has stated that he didn't fight back because the crowd would have torn him apart. If he believed that enough to not fight back against someone punching him, I find it really hard to believe that he would without reason push someone down.

John

I think it's interesting that it's probable that the Republicans will have a veterans/fathers/NRA supporters problem to go along with their women/Latino/African-American problems. If I left out any Republican problems, I apologize.

Republicans don't seem to like anybody except loons and whackos.
"Republicans are a dishonest breed by nature"

Interesting. I read about a guy who thought the same about Jewish people. He made all sorts of history.

But anyway,,,,,

Would you trust a President who appoints as the nations #1 Defense Official, someone of a "dishonest breed by nature"?

JediG
Seems to me that any pushing and/or punching kinda sucks all around, regardless of any thuggery and/or antagonizery (<--not a real word, but I like it anyway).

As this entire thread clearly illustrates, such buffoonery distracts us all from any real message either side of the conflict came to the table with in the first place.

Bummer. I imagine they both likely had some valuable things to say.

-GhostJam
He just admitted he and other Rapeublicans were pushing people around.

Had there been a "Stand Your Ground" law, Crowder might have been shot dead on the spot.
I am thinking while reading this whole thread: damn I wish ... if I was provoked by some fox news whore ... it might just make my day. I can't think of anything more patriotic than pummelling one of my country's true enemies.

LOL. When the story was simply "union thug attacks Crowder" you swallowed it whole without question. Now that it appears Crowder provoked the assault, you're all of sudden curious about the circumstances and "what went on up to that."

Remember when our resident Rhodes scholars were all aghast after some derelict selling anti-ACA stuff claimed to have been disabled by SEIA people, the Rhodes scholars came up with a tape that showed, well...nothing, then a jury threw out a low-level misdemeanor against the accused because they observed that the derelict was lying? Same idiots, same sheet, different day.
I wonder if he would be interested in fighting a different old guy?

I'm available. No rules, just like when the coward attacked the other old guy.
lowstudent says

BTW, this is not to say that the union thug who came up punching had any right at assault if he happened to go down unless he actually was shoved, which would have been an insane thing to do intentionally shove down someone in the middle of a bubbling mob, so I have a real problem with that-- but can at least see that opinion with as obscene a case of confirmation bias as Hoch carries

Sentence of the week. 8^P