Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
LAURIE SEGALL: But, Jake, legally, you are not allowed to be in what you're calling the sacred chamber.

JACOB CHANSLEY: And that is the one very serious regret that I have, was believing that when we were waved in by police officers, that it was acceptable.

https://news.yahoo.com/qanon-shaman-speaks-first-time-144708...

Every time I see a replay of the storming of the Capitol I have this queasy feeling that the insurrectionists are getting help from inside.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Waved in maybe after beating them with flagpoles and using bear spray?

Did he get his warpaint in his eyes when that was happening?
No. of Recommendations: 4
Because his lawyers told him to, I'm sure.

Albaby
Every time I see a replay of the storming of the Capitol I have this queasy feeling that the insurrectionists are getting help from inside.

It's pretty clear they did.
No. of Recommendations: 21
What albaby said... but also could be....

Capitol police absolutely resisted at critical choke points. Where they had a tactical advantage in terms of personnel or “terrain”, they defended heroically.

Watching the videos, several things struck me.

Initially, like most, I wondered why so many Capitol police continually fell back. Obviously, as became apparent, they lacked the numbers to defend the entire perimeter.

But also quite obviously, the mob failed in its objective to find ANY Representatives or Senators.

So what do you do when you lack the manpower to stop a mob?

You misdirect the mob. Like parking attendants who send cars down rows with parking spaces.... many of the videos showed crowds flowing down hallways, only having to reverse course when they reached a dead end. And in this light, who can forget Officer Goodman who LED a crowd AWAY from evacuating leaders?

In spite of lacking sufficient resources to protect the entire Capitol, the Capitol Police did a tremendous job of managing the crowd, and sending them down blind alleys and leading them on goose chases until enough reinforcements arrived to drive them out of the building.... WITHOUT resorting to deadly force, EXCEPT for the single instance in which one woman was shot when she attempted to break through the last door between the mob and evacuating leaders.

I thought they did a superb job, and from this perspective, we can see that officers waving a crowd thru... were doing their jobs rather than helping the mob.
who can forget Officer Goodman who LED a crowd AWAY from evacuating leaders?

The current situation in Congress would be far different if that mob had caught Turtle McConnell. How different? Can't say--because he was protected from them getting their hands on him....
In spite of lacking sufficient resources to protect the entire Capitol, the Capitol Police did a tremendous job of managing the crowd, and sending them down blind alleys and leading them on goose chases until enough reinforcements arrived to drive them out of the building.... WITHOUT resorting to deadly force.....

Great analysis, Bill. Helps to alleviate the sick feeling I get when I watch the thugs being ALLOWED to enter the building.

How might things have been different if the National Guard was deployed 3 hours earlier?
How might things have been different if the National Guard was deployed 3 hours earlier?

Given the numbers, 100-150 National Guard troops may have allowed them to clear the area sooner. But I doubt they could have prevented the Capitol perimeter from being over-run, or even the Capitol itself from being entered.

They may, however, have been able to have prevented the immediate situation which led to the death of either (or both) the Capitol Police officer who died of injuries and the Q-anon woman climbing through the window of the House Chamber.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Why did he say this?

Well, you've gotten a couple of pretty good answers so far. And I can't disagree with those.

However, I think I'll apply Occam's razor to this one.

The Shaman is an idiot. Or slightly more generously, he has swallowed The Big Lie hook, line, and sinker. And, like many cult members, he is unable to see that he has been deceived.

He actually believes that officers waved him in rather than tactically chose to mis-direct the bulk of the mob inside the building. He actually believes that because they weren't met with overwhelming numbers of heavily armed officers they were being invited in. He actually believes those under-armed and badly outnumbered officers were putting on a bit of a show - to make it look like they were trying to stop the crowd when they were really inviting them in.

--Peter