Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Why do I add the additional agent when the more simplistic natural explanation gets me to the same point far quicker and more easily, particularly when an agent seeding the universe leaves me standing on turtles?

This is one case where if Bryan decided to stop being disingenuous for a little while, what he genuinely believes would be a more understandable argument than the one he's making.

The "aliens did it" argument is rather nonsensical, since as you say it just pushes the question back another generation. Why isn't their DNA-equivalent natural?

On the other hand, "a magic invisible immortal immaterial superbeing did it" at least changes the question from "is DNA natural?" to "do you believe in leprechauns?" Sure, it's a bronze-age superstition, but at least the argument doesn't leave him exactly where he started.

- Gus
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.