Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 35
Why is it that America always has to genuflect for the world.

(This bugs me more than ANY political issue out there)

Be it domestic or foreign policy, we're always lectured by the likes of Europe. Now, America isn't perfect. But Europe is who gave the world GENOCIDES, COLONIZATION, IMPERIALISM, NAZIS, TOJO, MUSSOLINI, SLAVE TRADES, etc. So while America is imperfect, Europe is even more imperfect and has done LESS than America to right it's wrongs.

Even where it comes to innocent tourism. You idiot Americans better learn the local language and customs. Ok, great. Yet when 10 million people come to america LEGALLY, they don't have to learn squat and we have to adapt to them.

The latest one.... "control of the internet".

I keep reading about the UN wanting control of the internet. Or other global bodies and countries wrangling over the rules.

How's this proposal:

LIKE EVERY OTHER INVENTION FOR MANKIND, AMERICA INVENTED THE INTERNET. OUR GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY STARTED it with the "arpanet", and our magnificient private sector made the internet available to consumers of the world.

SO IT'S OURS. WE'LL SET THE RULES, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Don't like it? Just have your country opt-out of the internet, it's real easy.

If you decide to contemplate this people, also ask yourself....why is it that America invents all sorts of miracle drugs, yet other countries can impose price caps on thoese drugs while Americans pay full freight?

It's always on America. It's America's fault that so many illegals want to come here, cause there's such an imbalance with Mexico. Really? How about Mexico worry about it's imbalance with Guatemala, when they routinly deport Guatemalans?

We're always lectured on Americans "telling the world what to do", just because we tried removing Saddams and Talibans. really? What about the Europeans and the UN, trying to dictate how every township in America grants building permits via things like that sick, perverted, murderous Agenda 21?

Back to the internet. America invented it. It's America's property. If you dont' like the rules, just opt out. From China to India to London let's see if they take me up on that.

Now, if O.P.E.C ever let's America have fiat over their pricing, and Europe ever allows America to decide if Paris and Provence need more McDonald's and Taco bell's, I'm willing to listen. But as long as other nations, RIGHTFULLY manage their own affairs, perhaps America can be afforded the same courtesy.

I know I'm in the minority.

At least I'm in the minority that didn't give America away.

I can live with that.

JediG
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.