No. of Recommendations: 8
Why does DIS need ROKU? DIS could easily mail their viewers their version of an Amazon Fire Stick or similar to what Comcast did today (see previous post for link to article) for free and most likely will.

Frankly I think they most likely won't, but you are asking the right question. And it's not only, "Why does Disney need ROKU?" But also, "Why does anyone need ROKU?"

If being imbedded into televisions is so valuable to Roku, maybe LC and Samsung and Sony and HiSense should charge Roku -- maybe take a piece of Roku's profits.

If Roku benefits so greatly from having YouTube and Netflix available (I mean, they account for 50% of the hours people stream on Roku) then perhaps YouTube and Netflix should also share in Roku's profits.

I'm not a Roku expert, but the competition isn't the only issue. It's all the stakeholders. I fear that Roku's margin is Others' opportunity.

Bear
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.