Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
Why entertain the delusional right.

FWIW, I know dementia. 1poormom has it, and it's getting worse. She still remembers me, but doesn't now remember the name of our daughter or my MIL. She knows they are around, but can't pull the names out.

Joe does not have any significant dementia. Even before we had to move my mother to assisted living -when she was still living alone- he speaks better than she did, and can maintain a train of thought. Now even more so.

His predecessor exhibited slurred speech on numerous occasions, sometimes rambled incoherently for hours, and only knew about five adjectives (including "terrific", "bad", and "terrible"). The latter may be a poor education. The former may or may not have been dementia. Like Reagan when he left office we may not know for another year or two.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.