Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Why focused on just these same companies?
Google, Amazon, Apple...pretty easy for them to make anyone look like a genius in hindsight.

What about CSCO since 2000?
INTC is 45% over 13-14 years? Not a very good CAGR.

Maybe this is just a thing you have with the lifeforce poster. If so, ok.

I find parallels to GG from early 2000 to today's Saul board from about Nov 2021.
Will it bounce back quickly or will it be a multi-year drag down in market? Who knows.

I find Saul board stocks can be GG stocks, but not always exactly.
Both focused on hyper-growth/tech.
GG tends to be more long-term.
Saul stocks tend to be "invest only while growth at x level and exit once growth slows". Feels/sounds a bit like Tornado or S-curve or whatever term someone wants to use.

GG seems to focus more on dominance in a market/category vs purely focused on growth over x rate.

Timing does matter, imo.
If you came into investing in 2001/2002 you did better, more quickly, than someone piling into the market initially at early 2000.

Same with 2007/8 vs mid-2009.

I find another parallel with the always-up-bro / crypto / Gamestop / Tesla / ARKK crowd of 2000, that jumped in after March 2000 and only ever saw that btd works each and every time.

Monetary policy different each period as well; 2000 vs 2008 vs Dec 2018 vs today.

Either way, feels like more capitulation still to come, and that time would present a great buying oppty for Gorillas or Saul stocks, etc...

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.