Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I invest in the market for one reason only. And that is to support my wife and myself. Over the years of retirement so far I have done that. My method of operation is somewhat different than others, but it has worked very well for me.
I own few securities and get my diversification through buying in different sectors, and I have discussed the sectors here. Two of the 8 securities consisting of About 21% of my portfolio are REITS. In addition to that one of the CEF's I own consists of numerous REITS. In the course of conversation here I have been asked questions about my portfolio and how it all fits together to support my wife and I.

I would guess that the inquiries were by people that were probably interested in the possibility of learning something they didn't know before that might lead to them to have better results with their own portfolios going forward.

b&w
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.