No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey everyone, considering that most people seem to know their stuff on this forum I decided to ask for some advice and I guess partly to vent as well. Perhaps you can help me with something that has been eating at me for a while.

I am not going to suggest that I am with one of the most financially prudent people in the world, but when I found out what their credit score was (they say they never really checked it, even with the free credit advertisements you see everywhere) I have finally found that I am with one of the many people with relatively poor credit.

I have found that having poor credit means that we are going to be spending more in interest if we try to get ‘m a credit card, it means that we are going to be spending extra. They never checked for negative reporting, relevant information, or possible mistakes on their credit scores.

One of the reasons that is especially frustrating is because I have always tried to make sure that I keep my credit score relatively high. Even with student loans, we would spread them across my parents to ensure that the impact on my credit was not too bad. I have been good about paying credit cards etc. etc.

I guess my question is whether any of you have ever gone through things like that, whether a significant other was just careless about their credit and how you fixed it. We are currently looking at possible credit repair options but not sure what to trust on that front. Do you have any advice about possible steps to take next?
________

Has anyone ever used http://socheapcreditsweep.com?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Has anyone ever used

Are you advertising for them?

Andrea
No. of Recommendations: 3
If the information on your credit report is accurate, only changing your behavior and time is going to increase your credit rating.

What are the specific problems: late payments, too much debt, leins, inaccurate information?

Disputing all including valid items (which is what some "credit repair" services do) may temporarily help, but most will return.
No. of Recommendations: 20
Barry122,

You wrote, Has anyone ever used http://socheapcreditsweep.com?

This hooky website says, I’m going to tell you about a Top Secret Method that the credit “SWEEP!”… companies use to get all of the negative items removed from your credit report at lightning fast speeds. ...

There are no Top Secret Methods to clean your credit.

The term credit sweep is misused by this website. I suspect this is intentional to create confusion. According to Investopia, Definition of 'Credit Sweep' Also known as an automated credit sweep, this term refers to an arrangement between a bank and a customer (usually a corporation) whereby all idle or excess funds in a deposit account are used to pay down short-term borrowing under a line of credit. This term is infrequently used enough so you're unlikely to know its correct usage, but many have probably heard the term in passing and will think this sight is onto something.

This lame, unprofessional website reeks of scam. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

- Joel
No. of Recommendations: 7
Perhaps you can help me with something that has been eating at me for a while.

Probably not, because it's not actually clear what has been eating at you. You switch from talking about their credit score to saying I am with one of the many people with relatively poor credit and then back to They never checked for negative reporting, relevant information, or possible mistakes on their credit scores. So who has the bad credit score - you or someone else?

I have found that having poor credit means that we are going to be spending more in interest if we try to get ‘m a credit card, it means that we are going to be spending extra.

That's not true. As long as there is a grace period on the card, it doesn't matter what the interest rate is - if you pay the balance off in full each month before the due date, you will pay no interest.

One of the reasons that is especially frustrating is because I have always tried to make sure that I keep my credit score relatively high. Even with student loans, we would spread them across my parents to ensure that the impact on my credit was not too bad.

Having a high student loan balance does not give you a bad credit score. Exhibiting a behavior of 'Spreading them across' other people actually tells me that you aren't good about actually paying off your own debt.

I have been good about paying credit cards etc. etc.

Really? You pay them off completely every month, never missing a payment? Then I find it hard to believe that you really have a bad credit score.

I guess my question is whether any of you have ever gone through things like that, whether a significant other was just careless about their credit and how you fixed it. We are currently looking at possible credit repair options but not sure what to trust on that front. Do you have any advice about possible steps to take next?

Look at reasons your credit report gives for why you have bad credit.
Is it late payments? Then start paying every payment on time. As the late payments become older, they will affect your credit less.
Is it that your credit card utilization is too high? Then pay the cards down.
Is it that you have judgments against you? Get them paid off.
Is it that you've declared bankruptcy or that you have charge-offs in your past? You will have to wait for time to cure those issues - but in the mean time, make every payment on time, and pay off your balance in full every month.

The only way to get/keep a good credit score is to demonstrate responsible behavior when using credit.

AJ
they say they never really checked it, even with the free credit advertisements you see everywhere

I don't find this shocking. I have pretty good credit, or at least I did the last time I had it quoted, but I don't think I've checked through those credit services. And if someone knows their credit is likely to be bad, or they are too little engaged to care, they are probably not going to bother. Particularly if they don't need it right now.

If the information on your credit report is accurate, only changing your behavior and time is going to increase your credit rating.

Exactly. I would worry more about behavior, than rating, unless you are buying a house right now in which case you should try to get things in order. The fact that you seem to be focused on just the score, rather than actual debt or anything like that, makes me think you aren't focused on the right thing (or as others have mentioned, you are maybe advertising a site).
No. of Recommendations: 2
<This lame, unprofessional website reeks of scam. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

- Joel

Thanks, Joel. My feelings exactly - you said it much better than I could.

Andrea
pay extra on credit card instead of using that scam service.